Saturday, September 15, 2012

Internet and Food

I hate the internet at my host family’s apartment!  It sucks.  Plus it is weird.  My computer says that it is connected to the internet but then when I try Chrome then the internet doesn’t work.  “The webpage is not available.”  But Skype works perfectly well.  I have no problems connecting to Skype.  I am not sure what the problem is but it is annoying.
In another post or place I wrote about how I wasn’t sure if I was going to gain weight or just stay about the same.  Well I think that I will gain weight.  This is why:  I will have breakfast for me prepared for me by my host family.  Then for lunch each day I plan to eat at the kindergarten which so far been a variety of delicious soups and then a side.  Today’s side was stupendous mashed potatoes and carrots.  It was so good!  The only thing that might keep me skinny is the fact that I will eat at the kg (kindergarten) at 1 and then won’t eat until I come back to my host family’s apartment.  I should note two things.  First, there are times, like today, that I eat a dinner of sorts before I come home because we go out to eat.  Second, I have been coming home between 9 and 10:30pm so that is a long time between meals if I don’t eat something.  But every night I have come home and had a plate of food just waiting for me on the kitchen table for me to put in the microwave for a minute to reheat.  That has been really nice to come home to.  Usually Oleg and/or Anya are there also and we talk about things for a little bit.  Then they go to bed and I get on my computer and write stuff and check facebook and what not.  Talking to Oleg is fun because I speak in English and he has a hard time understanding me but really wants to try.  So I am patient with him and he kind of speaks this mix of Russian and English.  I try and model the language really well for him.  He really appreciates it.  So I believe I am set for the whole time I am here in St Petes as far as food goes.  Living the good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment