Friday, September 7, 2012

New Beginnings and Pleasant Reminders


I am just kind of share my thoughts and experiences.  I don't really think that there will be much structure but just what I think.

So I am here in my host family's apartment.  There quite a few pictures that I need to take.  Granted I have time but I still need to take them.  I don't have a picture of the apartment or the inside of the apartment I am staying at.  I don't have any pictures of the host family that I am staying with.  I don't have any pictures of the school that I will be teaching at.  Those are some of the pictures that I would really like to take.

There are some things that just don't change.  They are the pleasant reminders of my past experiences.  It is kind of funny and ironic but I just look around think, "yeah, I am definitely in Russia."  Russia still looks the same.  Apartment buildings and apartments themselves.  The people still look very Russian though I can't tell you what a Russian actually looks like.  Transportation is still the same and driving is crazy exciting.  Other people may be frightened by it but I just see it and it makes me happy.  There really aren't many rules, as far as I can tell, for Russian drivers'.  The main rule, the rule that I think governs everything is don't hit anything.  So far people have done really well at that.  I have seen very few accidents.

There are also things that do change though.  The biggest thing is that I am living in a host family.  I really like it.  It is definitely something to get used to.   The family has two little kids and so I feel as though I should be a good example for them.   I promptly either what the mom or dad asks me to do.  Another big change is the people that I came to Russia with and those that I interact with.  I am with a group of 8 girls and they are very much girls.  In the second day there definitely was some girl talk and I just kind walked away from the situation.   We were waiting at this school to study languages and so I just stood in a different part of the corridor.  There are also different rules that I had as a missionary that I don't have now and so its kind of weird but then I just remember that I only had those rules as a missionary and don't have them now.

1 comment:

  1. Being at scout camp with all boys doesn't make it any easier to be with all girls now. Sounds like quite the experience.

    ReplyDelete