Monday, September 17, 2012

Leaving Courtney on the station


While Courtney and I were on an escalator transferring between 2 metro lines I asked her if she felt comfortable getting around.  That if she needed to get somewhere the she would be able to get there.  She said, "Yes.  I was in London and their metro is similar to this one.  There were more lines but its the same."
By this time we had got off the escalator and onto the platform.  I noticed that our train was already there.  We walked over and on the way over I hear, “Остарожно! Двери закрываются.” That translates to “Careful! The doors are closing.”  Instinctively I hurry onto the train because I think that Courtney is going to be right behind me.
Nope.  I turned around and saw her about to come in but then she pulled back and the doors closed.  I just see her face a little scared and a disbelief expression.
But there really wasn't much I could do.  I was on the train and Courtney was not.  As I was just standing on the train there was a lady that talked to me.  I am not going to lie and say that I know what she said.  But I responded saying, "Things are going to be alright.  She knows the way home.  She can get there."  Which is something that I knew because she had literally just told me that.
I then got off the train at the next stop and just waited for the next train to come.  It was only like 3 minutes or so and then tried to find Courtney.  It wasn't hard.  Luckily, Courtney got on that same car on next train and so I just had to walk onto the same car on the next train.  When I got on I stood in front of Courtney and said, "I promise that I didn't do that on purpose."  She believed me.
Then we laughed at the irony of what just happen.
This story has also been referenced many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment