Sunday, September 16, 2012

Lightning Storm


One of the first couple nights we were in St Petes there was a really cool lightning storm.  The first couple days it rained a lot but we didn’t really see lightning and didn’t hear thunder but on this night the lightning was very present.  I didn’t take any pictures but Courtney did.  It was really cool to see the lightning.  I was thinking “hmm, it’s kind of late for fireworks” because it was like 1 or 2 am but whatever.  But there really wasn’t any color so I wondered what it was.  Then I looked out the window and saw the lightning.  I couldn’t really hear the thunder which seems consistent with what I remember from Siberian and Ural Russia.  When I talked to Courtney though she was saying that the thunder was so loud and set off car alarms but I really didn’t hear either of those.  The windows weren't open and they keep out a lot of sound.

Thank you Courtney for the awesome picture of lightning.

No comments:

Post a Comment