Sunday, September 23, 2012

"Russians are better than English"

It was a nice, rainy Sunday afternoon when I was coming home.  I had already got into the stairway and I see the elevator closer and so I hurry to get in it.  The thing was though that there was an old Russian man there in the way and the elevator doors were closing.  I try to get around the guy without touching him and I do it but he definitely knows that I am there.  Then he looks at me and I wish I remembered the exact words that were said but here is my best attempt.

Russian old guy said, "Englishman can't be Russian."
Then I said, "Unfortunately."
Russian, "Which is better?"
"..."
"Russians because they are more harsh"

Then we arrived at my apartment level and so I stepped out of the elevator and laughed at what the guy had said.  I think he was pretty happy that I laugh also.

No comments:

Post a Comment